The Jimmy Allen Band
..plays traditional Country and Western swing from the 1930s to the late 1970s, with a smattering of rockabilly and classic oldies. If you love Johnny Cash, Ray Price, Merle Haggard, Bob Wills, Patsy Cline, Ernest Tubb, Patty Loveless, Emmylou Harris, Gene Watson, Waylon Jennings, George Jones, Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley, Dwight Yoakam, or Faron Young—just to name a few—we are the band for you!
Lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Jimmy Allen has been performing throughout New England since 1957, celebrating 60 years in the music business.
His repertoire reflects an encyclopedic knowledge of country music, and no two gigs are the same. His loyal fans, many of whom have followed Jimmy for forty-plus years, enjoy two-step, waltzing, and line dancing, and they are happy to teach newcomers.
- Richard Gordon - On lead guitar and vocals, Rich has long been active in the New England country and rock scene and has worked on and off, mostly on, with Jimmy for thirty years.
- Ronnie Mac - On bass guitar, Ron has been with Jimmy’s band for most of the forty years.
- Steve Cahill - Our drummer and vocalist has played drums for numerous local and national artists for many years, mostly with the legendary John Penny Band.
- Bill Holbrook - On steel guitar and vocals, Bill belongs to that increasingly rare breed who plays pedal steel guitar, and he brings to our music the signature twang true country fans love.
- Ann Holbrook - On lead and harmony singing, Ann has performed with classic rock and Americana bands and has been with Jimmy Allen for the past year.